About Me

My photo
Just your average high school girl hoping to inspire and innovate.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Makeup for beginners.

Hello there loves. Today I chose to make my first post on this blog about something that I personally love, makeup. I first started to wear makeup during 7th grade in middle school. At the time it was very minimal and just consisted of eyeliner and mascara, but honestly I feel that I started a little early. I really started to get into makeup(like wearing it almost daily and adding more to my makeup routine) around late freshmen-early sophomore year.
Basically all I'm going to do for this post is just list off all the things that I think are essential to starting off with makeup.
  1. Concealer.
    This is a girl's bestfriend on days after all-nighters, panda eyes, after effects of crying, pimples, you name it. The concealer that I am currently using is a drugstore brand which is:
    Maybelline NY's Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer in fair. (4-6$)

  2. I usually apply this under my eyes and I put foundation over it. I believe this concealer only comes in 3 shades sadly.

  3. Foundation.
    This stuff works great in evening out the skin tone on your face. The one that I am currently using is also a drugstore brand which is:
    Maybelline NY's Dream Smooth Mousse in #240 Natural Beige, this foundation comes in many different forms like liquid.(7-8$)
    I don't use foundation all over my face only under my eyes over my concealer.

  4. Eyeliner.
    Eyeliner can really add a little kick to your eyes especially if you use different colors, but since this is makeup for beginners I suggest that you stick to black or brown eyeliner for a more natural look. The one that I have been using for a while now is actually a gel liner and is also a drugstore brand which is :
    HIP's color truth cream eyeliner in 905 black. The pencil liner next to it is by Milani but I don't use it too often.(7-8$)
    I prefer to use a gel liner over a pencil one because I feel that it lasts longer throughout my day without smudging. The thing with gel liners is that you have to use a brush to apply it so if you don't feel comfortable you can use a pencil or liquid liner. Tip: Always set your eyeliner with a black eye shadow so that the liner lasts longer and is less smudge-prone.

  5. Mascara.
    This can add a dramatic look to your eyes depending on how many coats you use. The one that I have is:
    Lash Blast fusion by Cover Girl(5$)
    For me, I don't really use mascara since it doesn't really work for my lashes and it's a pain for me to remove. I usually use false eyelashes but again, since this is for beginners I will list this anyways.

  6. Eyelash curler.
    This can really open up the eyes and make them more dramatic. The one that I have been using didn't really have a name but I just got it from a beauty supply at my local mall.(2-3$)

    Tip: Use this before you apply your mascara, NEVER use this before you apply your mascara, because it can pull off some of your eyelashes.

  7. Lip gloss.
    This can add subtle color to your lips while hydrating your lips at the same time.
    The ones that I usually like to grab for are:
    Lemon & Pomegranate Lip Cream from Bath and Body Works(7.50$), Beauty Rush in Tootie Fruity by Victoria's Secret(7$), and lastly lip gloss from Charlotte Russe(Originally 3+$ but I got it for 1$ because it was on sale)

    I usually use Vaseline on my lips for daily use but on days when I just need a little pop to my lips I use these along with a lipstick, but I don't suggest using lipstick if you're just starting out.
So that is it for the basics, I hope this helped somehow. Good luck! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your tips! I'm clueless when it comes to makeup so I love reading about what other people use. Right now, I need a new concealer so I'll try the Maybelline! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete